THEME – CHEMISTRY AND INDUSTRIES
TOPIC – CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES
3. Chemical industries in the locality
By the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
1. identify chemical industries in their locality.
2. explain how these chemical industries have influenced their lives and national economies especially in Nigeria.
3. describe the environmental problems created by the chemical industries.
4. suggest solutions to solving some of these problems.
CONTENTS OF THE LESSON
1. Types of chemical industries.
2. Importance of chemical industries to the individual and the nation
3. Excursion to chemical industries
1. Uses pictures of some local industries to guide students to identify chemical industries in Nigeria.
2. Initiates and guide discussion on the economic importance of the chemical industries.
3. Takes students on field trips to chemical industries.
4. Guides students to observe,
- the processes going on in the industries
- the various ways these industries degrade the environment
- suggest ways of reducing environmental problems.
1. Look at and discuss pictures of chemical industries.
2. Participate in class discussion.
3. Visit chemical industries and observe the processes taking place there.
4. Ask and answer questions.
5. Browse the internet for information on chemical industries.
1. name the chemical industries in Nigeria
2. state the importance of the industries to:
3. enumerate the effects of the industries to environment.
4. identify ways of solving some of the environmental problems.