LESSON – SPORT FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENTS
- Meaning of Sport Facilities and Equipments
- Maintenance of Sport Facilities and Equipments
A sport is a game or physical activity that people compete against each other individually or as a team.
According to the World Sports Encyclopaedia (2003), there are 8,000 indigenous sports and sporting games.
The most common and popular sport games are as follows:
Each of the above sport game has specify kits, facilities and equipments.
SPORT FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENTS
A sport facility is any place where sport game is held.
A sport facilities can be a stadium, building, sport venue or any place where people meet to engage in physical exercise or witness sporting events.
For examples – football pitch, gymnasiums, health spas, boxing arenas, swimming pools, roller and ice rinks, billiard halls, bowling alleys, etc.
Sport equipments are the tools, materials, apparel, and gear used to compete in a sport and varies depending on the sport.
The equipment ranges from balls, nets, rackets, bat, mitt and protective gear like helmets.
MAINTENANCE OF SPORT FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENTS
Maintenance is an activity that should be carried out on regular basis in order to keep sport facilities and equipments in good working condition.
The reasons for regular maintenance of sport and facilities and equipments are as follows:
1. It makes our equipment last long.
2. It prevents us from dangers. For example, accidents at home or in the school.
3. It saves us from embarrassment.
4. It prevents our equipments and materials from rustling.
5. It beautifies our home and environment.
6. It reduces (saves) waste of money.
Answer all the questions.
1. differentiate between sport facilities and equipments.
2. state 5 sport facilities for each of the following sport:
3. mention 5 sport equipments for each of the following sport:
4. state the reasons for maintenance of sport facilities and equipments.