Excretion and Excretory System | Importance of Excretion
LESSON – EXCRETORY ORGANS
- Meaning of Excretion
- Excretory System
- Importance of Excretion
Excretion is one of the most basic functions of life.
It is the process of waste products from our body.
MEANING OF EXCRETORY SYSTEM
Excretory system is the collection of organs with primary function of removing wastes from our body.
PARTS OF EXCRETORY SYSTEM
The parts of the excretory system that responsible for removing waste from the body are as follows:
4. Ureter (kidney tube)
MEANING OF BODY WASTE
Body wastes are the materials that are not needed by the body.
TYPES OF BODY WASTE
The body wastes are as follows:
3. Expired gases
4. Bile pigments
5. Excess water
IMPORTANCE OF EXCRETION
1. It helps to maintain salt balance in the blood.
2. It helps to remove materials undigested food and water from the body.
3. It gives a great relief to the body.
4. It reduces anxiety and stress in the body.
5. It regulates body temperature.
Teacher asks pupils,
1. what is excretion?
2. explain the meaning of excretory system.
3. state 4 organs of excretory system.
4. explain the concept of waste products in the body.
5. state 4 types of body waste.
6. state 5 importance of excretion.
Good job you….