Gymnastic Activities – Basic Floor and Apparatus Activities
LESSON – GYMNASTIC ACTIVITIES
- Meaning of Gymnastic Activities
- Floor and Apparatus Activities
Gymnastics are the physical fitness (or activities) that is used show and develope strength, flexibility, agility, balance and control.
Gymnastics are often done with or without any equipments.
TYPES OF GYMNASTICS ACTIVITIES
There are two basic gymnastics –
1. Gymnastics perform on the floor, normally called floor activities
2. Gymnastics perform with apparatus.
GYMNASTICS – FLOOR ACTIVITIES
Gymnastic activities performed on the floor are –
1. FORWARD ROLL
Forward roll is a floor activities performed by tucking your head down and rolls their body in a forward circle on the floor.
2. BACKWARD ROLL
The backward roll is similar to the forward roll, but in reverse.
A cartwheel is a sideways rotary movement of the body.
4. ARAB SPRING
Other are –
- Round Off
- Front Walkover
- Back Walkover
- Handstand Forward Roll
Apparatus activities are gymnastic activities performed with a piece of equipment such as skipping rope, vault, uneven bars, parallel and horizontal bar, etc.
BASIC APPARATUS ACTIVITIES
1. Swinging with one or two ropes
Balancing on the parallel bars
Answer all the questions.
1. explain the meaning of gymnastic activities.
2. differentiate between floor and apparatus activities.
3. state 5 basic floor activities.
4. perform the following basic floor activities –
- forward roll
- Backward roll
5. perform 5 basic apparatus activities.