Forms and Benefits of Dancing
LESSON – DANCE
- Forms of Dance
- Importance (Benefits) of Dancing
Everybody can dance even when you think you are not.
Dance can be as simple as shaking or moving your body.
Dance is the movement of the body that match the musical rhythm.
FORMS OF DANCE
The purposes of dance can be groups as follows:
3. Self Expression
1. CEREMONIAL DANCE
Ceremonial dance is a cultural, traditional, religious or ritualistic form performed in a special occasion such as war dance, prayer, thanksgiving, healing, invocation, fighting evils, inviting gods, etc.
2. RECREATIONAL DANCE
Recreational dance is a fun free dance for social, educational or health benefits.
3. SELF EXPRESSION
Self expression dance is the form of dance such as facial expressions, bodies, eye contact, eye lashes, hands, legs, finger,
Dancing is a whole body exercise.
This form of dance is mostly fun used for physical and mental development.
IMPORTANCE OF DANCING
Dance is an important part of culture and society.
The importance of dance are as follows:
1. It is a form of exercise.
2. It burns calories.
3. It provides physical and mental refreshment.
4. It improves balance.
5. It increases muscular strength.
6. It is a form of entertainment.
7. It improves better coordination, agility and flexibility.
8. It is a profession.
9. It is the best way to express feelings.
10. It has a healing power.
11. It makes the bones stronger and reduced risk of osteoporosis.
12. It improves the condition of your heart and lungs.
13. It manages the body weight.
Answer all the questions.
1. explain the meaning of dance.
2. discuss 3 forms of dance in your community.
3. state 5 importance of dance.