MEANING OF SPACE TRAVEL
Space travel can be defined as a travel through outer space for the purpose of exploring other world or Planets. That’s travelling from earth to the space.
On April 12, 1961, Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first human in space. On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first human to step on the moon.
PURPOSE/BENEFITS OF SPACE TRAVEL
The benefits of space travelling are as follows:
1. It helps to address fundamental questions about our place in the universe and the history of our solar system.
2. It helps to protect and understand our world better.
3. It helps to create awareness about the world within and around us.
4. It helps to create new technologies.
5. It helps to explore raw materials in other world or planets.
DANGERS OF SPACE TRAVEL
The dangers involved with space travel include:
1. Danger from radiation.
2. No oxygen in space, we need air to breathe in.
3. It is very expensive to travel through space.
4. Extreme temperatures.
5. Distance from the earth.
6. Distance from rescue in case something goes wrong.
7. Travelling through the space is dangerous.
1. What do you understand by the word, space travel?
2. State 5 objectives of space travel.
3. Outline and discuss 5 danger of space travel.