LESSON – ETERNAL PARTS OF VEHICLE
- Meaning and Types of Vehicle
- Advantages and Disadvantages of A Car
A vehicle is a machine used to carry people or goods from place to place on land, water or in the air.
TYPES OF VEHICLES
The types of vehicles are as follows:
3. Motor vehicles
4. Railed vehicles
6. Amphibious vehicles
A wagon is a four wheeled vehicle pulled by people or animals like horse, donkey, etc. to carry goods or commodities.
In the olden days, it is one of the means of transportation used by man.
A bicycle is a two wheel vehicle that is pedaled by the rider.
A motor vehicle is an automotive vehicle such as motorcycles, cars, trucks and buses.
A railed vehicle is a vehicle trains and trams driven on the railway.
A watercraft is a vehicle used on and in water.
For examples – ships, boats, underwater vehicles.
An amphibious vehicle is a vehicle used on the land as well as on and in the water.
For examples – screw-propelled vehicles and hovercraft.
Aircraft is a vehicle that can fly in the air.
For examples – airplanes, helicopters and aerostats.
A spacecraft is a vehicle used to fly in outer space.
Spacecraft are used for a variety of purposes such as communications, earth observation, meteorology, navigation, space colonization, planetary exploration, and transportation of humans and cargo.
EXTERNAL PARTS OF A VEHICLE
1. EXTERNAL PARTS OF A WAGON
The external parts of wagon are as follows:
2. EXTERNAL PARTS OF A BICYCLE
The external parts of bicycle are as follows:
3. EXTERNAL PARTS OF A MOTOR VEHICLE (CAR)
The external parts of motor vehicle are as follows:
5. EXTERNAL PARTS OF A RAILED VEHICLE
The external parts of railed vehicle are as follows:
6. EXTERNAL PARTS OF A WATERCRAFT (BOAT)
The external parts of watercraft are as follows:
- Bow – the front of a boat
- Stern – the rear of a boat
- Starboard – the right side of a boat
- Port – the left side of a boat
- Hull – the body of a boat
- Gunwale – the upper edge of boat’s side
- Cleat – the metal fitting on which a rope can be fastened
- Propeller – the rotates and powers a boat forward or backward
7. EXTERNAL PARTS OF AN AMPHIBIOUS VEHICLE
As common to a motor and a boat.
8. EXTERNAL PARTS OF A AIRCRAFT (AEROPLANE)
The external parts of aircraft are as follows:
- Vertical and horizontal stabilizers
9. EXTERNAL PARTS OF SPACECRAFT
The external parts of spacecraft are as follows:
- Right and left rocket boosters
ADVANTAGES (USES) AND DISADVANTAGES OF CARS
ADVANTAGES (USES) OF CARS
The advantages (uses) of vehicles are follows:
1. It is used for carrying people and goods from place to place.
2. It saves time and energy.
3. It is faster than trekking.
4. It is a social symbol such cars, private jet, etc.
5. It is used for racing.
6. It is necessity for a large family.
DISADVANTAGES OF CARS
The disadvantages of vehicles are as follows:
1. It is caused land, water and air pollution.
2. It is very expensive.
3. The cost of maintenance is high.
4. It is one of the causes of high death rate.
5. It causes temporary or permanent injury to the body.
DRAW AND LABEL A CAR
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of vehicle.
2. state 5 types of vehicle with one example each.
3. give at least one example of the following:
3. differentiate between aircraft and spacecraft.
4. what is the different between motor vehicle, watercraft and amphibious vehicle.
5. What types of vehicle is the following:
- screw-propelled vehicles and hovercraft.
6. state at least 5 external parts of the following:
7. what the different between boat and submarine.
8. state 5 common vehicle in your community.
9. Draw and lebel eternal parts of a car.