LESSON – GRAVITATION AND WEIGHTLESSNESS
- Effects of Gravitation on Objects
Gravity does exist everywhere in the universe but in the space, it does not exist.
Note – Make use of ball or other objects support the above statement or as stated in the lesson presentation.
GRAVITATION AND WEIGHTLESSNESS
GRAVITATION is defined as the force that pull down an object with weight (mass) back to earth.
Force that make everything that goes up to fall back down to earth.
For example, the force that brings down an orange from the orange tree, it is called gravitational force.
WEIGHTLESSNESS is defined as a condition that make an object with weight (mass) appear as without weight.
That’s, the state of being weightless.
In space, everything with weight floats.
EFFECTS OF GRAVITATION ON OBJECTS
The effects on gravitation on objects are as follows:
1. It causes falling of all objects.
2. It increases speed of falling objects.
3. It causes objects to move.
4. It makes exchange of gasses possible.
5. It supports life.
Answer all the questions.
1. define gravitational pull.
2. describe the effects of gravitation on stone, feather, book.
3. state where a person is likely to experience weightlessness.