Meaning of Maintenance and The Needs for Maintenance
LESSON – MAINTENANCE
- Meaning of Maintenance
- Needs for Maintenance
- Materials Used for Maintenance
- Simple Maintenance Activities
Maintenance is an activity that should be carried out on regular basis in order to keep equipment in good working condition.
THE NEEDS FOR MAINTENANCE/IMPORTANCE OF MAINTENANCE
The needs for maintenance are as follows:
1. It makes our equipment last long.
2. It prevents us from dangers. For example, accidents at home or in the school.
3. It saves us from embarrassment.
4. It prevents our equipments and materials from rustling.
5. It beautifies our home and environment.
6. It reduces (saves) waste of money.
SIMPLE MAINTENANCE AND MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAINTENANCE
Maintenance could be as simple as the following:
1. Dusting the tables, refrigerator, fan, etc.
2. Sweeping the floor.
3. Mopping the floor.
4. Polishing or cleaning the furniture.
5. Replacing faculty electrical parts.
6. Polishing or cleaning shoes.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAINTENANCE
The following are the materials used for maintenance,
6. Sand paper
9. Soap, etc.
Teacher leads and guides pupils in groups or pairs to carry simple maintenance in their classroom.
- Cleaning the standing or ceiling fan, etc.
Answer all the questions.
1. Maintenance is an activity that should be carried out on regular basis in order to keep equipment in good working condition.
2. _________ is an activity that should be carried out on regular basis in order to keep equipment in good working condition.
3. Maintenance makes engines to be in _________.
A. good working condition
B. poor working condition
C. bad working condition
4. Dusting sweeping and mopping cannot keep equipments in good condition.
C. Correct and incorrect
5. Match the following with the correct terms.
- Broom to make shoe shine.
- Duster to clean wet floor.
- Mob to clean dust
- Polish sweep a dirt environment.
6. explain the meaning of maintenance.
7. state 5 reasons why maintenance is needed.
8. state 5 simple maintenance in the school or at home.
9. mention 5 materials used for maintenance.