INTRODUCTION – TECHNICAL TOOLS AND MATERIALS
- Drawing Instruments and Materials
- Uses of Drawing Instruments and Materials
Drawing is a way of representing an object on paper using pencil and other drawing instruments.
Drawing Instruments are instruments used in/for drawing.
Technical drawing can be defined as a way of representing an object on paper using pencil and other drawing instruments and materials.
This drawing communicates how something works or constructed.
DRAWING INSTRUMENTS AND MATERIALS
1. Tee square
2. Set square
3. Pair of compasses
4. French curves
6. Drawing board
7. Stencils, etc.
USES OF TECHNICAL DRAWING INSTRUMENTS AND MATERIALS
- It is used for drawing a circle.
- It is used for constructing angles.
- It is used for placing points on the drawing paper.
3. Set Squares
- It is used for drawing for vertical and horizontal lines turned in different.
- It is used for measuring distance(s) between two or more points.
- It is used for measuring angles.
- It is used for drawing a circle or semi circle.
6. T – square
- It is used for drawing horizontal and vertical lines.
7. Cleaner or eraser
8. French curves
- It is commonly used by fashion designers for drawing curve.
9. Drawing board
- It is used for drawing on a stable surface.
- It is used for creating letters or designs on a surface.