LESSON – MAINTENANCE
- Application of Maintenance
- Importance of Maintenance
The purpose of maintenance is to ensure that our equipment are in good working condition always.
A breakdown in plants and machines cloud be as a result of inadequate maintenance. In all work place, houses, schools and roads, maintenance is needed in order to keep equipment in good working condition.
Maintenance are the activities carried out on daily or regular basis to make our things in good working condition.
WAYS OF MAINTENANCE AND MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAINTENANCE
Maintenance could be as simple as the following:
1. Dusting the tables, refrigerator, fan, etc.
2. Sweeping the floor.
3. Mopping the floor.
4. Polishing or cleaning the furniture.
5. Replacing faculty electrical parts.
6. Polishing or cleaning shoes.
TYPES OF MAINTENANCE
There are three types of maintenance,
1. Corrective maintenance
2. Preventive maintenance
3. Predictive maintenance
1. CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE
This is the maintenance (repair) carried out after an equipment is no more working.
2. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
This is the maintenance (repair) carried out on equipment so that they will not stop working.
3. PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE
This is the maintenance required special instrument to detect a likely fault in any equipment. For example, tyre gauge, oil gauge, etc.
WHY MAINTENANCE ARE IMPORTANT?
The importance of maintaining are as follows:
1. It makes our tools and equipment last long.
2. It reduces the risk accident around us.
3. It makes our work to be done faster.
4. It keeps our equipments in good condition.
5. It makes our environment to be beautiful.
6. It reduces waste of money.
Answer all the questions.
1. explain the meaning of maintenance.
2. state 3 types of maintenance.
3. distinguish between each type of maintenance.
4. mention 5 the importance of maintenance.
5. state 5 simple ways to carry out maintenance.