LESSON – DESKTOP PUBLISHING
- Desktop Publishing Software
- Uses of Desktop Publishing
Desktop publishing is the production of printed materials such as newspaper, magazines, leaflets, brochures, etc. using page layout software on a personal computer.
DESKTOP PUBLISHING SOFTWARE
Desktop publishing software including,
1. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
2. Microsoft publisher
3. Adobe InDesign
8. Libre Office Writer
9. Libre Office Draw
USES OF DESKTOP PUBLISHING
Desktop publishing is used for the production of,
1. Business card
2. Newspapers, newsletters and magazines
3. Brochures, posters, flyer, leaflets and catalogues
4. Books, textbooks and e-books
7. web pages
DESKTOP PUBLISHING TRAINING SESSION
Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the class to training them on how create simple magazine, flyer or business card using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Teacher asks pupils to,
1. explain the meaning of desktop publishing.
2. state 5 desktop publishing software.
4. identify some of the desktop publishing applications or softwares.
5. produce a printed document using any of the following – ms word, excel and powerpoint.