LESSON – ELECTRONIC EMAIL
- Steps for Creating Email Account
- Sending and Receiving Emails
Email stands for electronic mail.
Email is an electronic means of exchange message electronic devices – computer or phone.
Email address is a unique identity for an email account.
STEPS FOR CREATING YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT
To create a Yahoo account:
- Open up your internet browser and go to the Yahoo home page: https://www.yahoo.com/
- Click on Mail at the top left corner of the page.
- You’ll now be in the `Sign In’ section. As you don’t have a Yahoo account yet, you need to Create Account.
- To set up your new account, Yahoo needs some information about you – first, your first and last name. The username is the unique email address that you wish to use, which will be placed before `yahoo.com’.
- If the email name that you requested is not available, you’ll get a message saying that the username is not available.
- Once you have successfully created email account, you will see the following message: CONGRATULATIONS
STEPS FOR CREATING GMAIL ACCOUNT
To create a Google account:
- Locate and select the Sign in button in the top right corner of the page.
- The sign up form will appear. Follow the directions by entering the required information, such as your name, birth date, and gender.
- Your account will be created, and the Google welcome page will appear.
SENDING AND RECEIVING MAILS
- Log in to your Gmail account so that you are on the dashboard (main page) of your mail account.
- A new blank email window will open up. In the ‘To’ box, type in the email address of the recipient.
- Type your message in the main body field of your email.
- When you’re happy with your email, click the blue Send button at the bottom of the compose window.
- The email you’ve sent will now be stored in the ‘Sent Mail’ folder on your Gmail dashboard.
When you login, the first thing you see is all the emails received inside your mailbox.
Asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of electronic mail.
2. Email stands for ____________.
3. state the steps to create yahoo mail or Gmail.