Importance of Digital Literacy and Digital Skills | Concepts of Copyright and Plagiarism
LESSON – DIGIT LITERACY
- Basic Digital Literacy Skills for Kids
- Components of Digital Literacy
- Different Between Copyright and Plagiarism
Digital literacy is the ability to be able to understand and use technology appropriately.
It is also the ability to understand the importance of using technology as well as the dangers and how to prevent them.
BASIC DIGITAL LITERACY SKILLS FOR KIDS
Some of the skills kids can learn are as follows:
1. Basic ICT Training for kids
2. Introduction to computer based programming and Coding.
3. Website Design and Coding.
4. Game Development coding
5. Robotics for kids Training
6. Graphic Design for Kids Training
7. Video Editing for Kids.
COMPONENTS OF DIGITAL LITERACY
There are eight (8) components of digital literacy and they are as follows:
2. Critical thinking and evaluation
3. Cultural and social understanding
5. Ability to find and select information
6. Effective communication
8. Functional skills
Creativity is the ability to use any available digital tools and technologies to create or develop new concepts or ideas.
2. CRITICAL THINKING AND EVALUATION
Critical thinking and evaluation are the ability to use any digital tools and technologies analyze and evaluate digital facts, evidence, observations, and arguments before making any judgment.
3. CULTURAL AND SOCIAL UNDERSTANDING
Cultural and social understand are the ability to share and communicate the digital knowledge, facts and skills with disrespecting anyone.
Collaboration is the ability to work with other people for a specific purpose.
5. ABILITY TO FIND AND SELECT INFORMATION
Ability to find and select information are the use of digital tools and technologies to gain access any digital information.
6. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
Effective Communication is the ability to convey digital information to other with little or no stress.
7. E – SAFETY
E – safety is the practice of staying safe online without exposing yourself or losing your personal informations to Internet threats.
8. FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
Functional is the basic qualification that needed as digital professional.
For example, literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
DIFFERENT BETWEEN COPY AND PLAGIARISM
Copyright is the right of content creations or authors of books, text, artistic works, music, computer programs, sound recordings and films to reproduce and sell their materials.
Plagiarism is the practice of using another person’s contents or materials with duly consent or credit to the contents creator.
Plagiarism is not honourable, it is dishonest act, breach of author’s legal right right to reproduced.
By law, it is a publishing crime.
IMPORTANCE OF DIGITAL LITERACY
1. It equips you with problem solving skills.
2. It prepares you for the future.
3. It sharpens the mind and knowledge.
4. It makes you focus to push whatever and whenever.
5. It makes you to take reasonable response.
6. Technology has come to stay.
COMPONENTS OF DIGITAL SKILLS
Digital skills is the ability to use digital devices such as computers, mobile phones and other electronic devices 0to access and manage data.
The components of digital skills are as follows:
1. Social Media Skills
2. Search Engine Marketing Skills
3. Content Marketing Skills
4. Email Marketing Skills
5. Mobile Marketing Skills
6. Data Analytics Skills
7. Strategy and Planning Skills
1. SOCIAL MEDIA SKILLS
Social media skills are the abilities to devise and implement marketing ideas on the social media platforms such as facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin, etc. to drive business or achieve business goal.
2. SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING SKILLS
Search Engine Marketing are the digital skills that increase the visibility of a product, content or service in search engine results.
3. CONTENT MARKETING SKILLS
Content marketing skills are the digital skills that focus on creating and exposing a content to the potential users.
4. EMAIL MARKETING SKILLS
Email marketing skills are the required digital skills needed to create awareness of new projects, products, sales, discounts, etc. through the provided email list.
5. MOBILE MARKETING SKILLS
Mobile marketing skills are the digital skills that communicate products or services to all mobile users through SMS, email, ads or mobile apps.
6. DATA ANALYTIC SKILLS
Data analytic skills are the digital skills that collect and analyze data for the purpose of solving problems and make important decisions.
7. STRATEGY AND PLANNING SKILLS
Strategy and planning skills are professional skills that strengthen other digital skills in any organization for purpose of setting goals and devise means of achieving set goals.
IMPORTANCE OF DIGITAL SKILLS
1. It boosts online learning.
2. It increases efficiency.
3. It increases your income.
4. It improves security.
5. It unlocks your creativity.
6. It helps to evaluate information.
7. It gives you comparative advantage.
8. It improves communication.
Teacher asks pupils,
1. explain the meaning of digital literacy.
2..state 5 components of digital literacy.
3. mention 5 importance of digital literacy.
5. differentiate between copyright and plagiarism.
6. explain the meaning of digital skills.
7. describe 5 components of digital skills.
8. state 5 importance of digital skills.